Kids Art Classes
We are offering classes both online and small in-studio classes. Our classes for ages 3-6 are for caregiver/child to create together. These will be in the studio and socially distant. We have large tables to accomodate this. We offer a variety of materials each week to explore. For ages 6 and up we offer a variety of art classes on zoom based on medium. All students and adults are required to wear a mask or shield while in the studio.
We are working on our class schedule for the New Year. If you have a request, please email me at email@example.com
process play - in studio
This is a process oriented class focused on furthering your child's creative confidence. While exploring all kinds materials, clay, glue, wood, recycled materials, beads, buttons and fabric students will learn to problem solve, verbalize their ideas and further creative thinking. They will participate in the joyful learning through exploring sensory based materials while learning age appropriate skills.
This class is FULL- if you would like to be added to the waiting list please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ages 3-6
- This is a pay by month rolling class. It's $27 per class. You will be charged for the classes we offer for the month and we will prorate if you sign up in the middle of the month. On the first day of class I will get your CC info to keep on file and charge it each month.
- This is grownup/child class. Parents must stay to enjoy the class with your child.
- This is an in studio class with social distancing. Masks or shields must be worn at all times in the studio.
- We have smocks for you to where that are laundered after each class or you are welcome to bring your own.
- taught by Samara Caughey
drawing and printing- in studio
Drawing is an incredible way for kids to express themselves and all you need is a pencil and paper. We will also be using charcoal, watercolor, chalk pastels all the while learning basic techniques in drawing from perspective, proportion and shadow. We will draw from life and draw from our imagination. Printmaking is a lovely partner for drawing, learning about multiples and monoprinting.
The last half hour of this class the children will work independentlly with materials they choose from the studio, yarn, wood, cardboard, paint or more drawing.
- for ages 6-9
- This is a pay by month rolling class. It's $38 per class. You will be charged for the classes we offer for the month and we will prorate if you sign up in the middle of the month. On the first day of class I will get your CC info to keep on file and charge it each month.
- taught by Samara Caughey
- This is an in studio art class with social distancing. Masks or shields are required during the class.
This class is now full, if you would like to be added to our waitlist, please email me at email@example.com
soft sculpture- online
Students will learn basic hand-sewing techniques in this class. We will use fabrics and felt to make soft creatures and wool for some soap felting creatures and maybe even some weaving.
- For ages 6-9
- This class is taught by Shelley Friedman on zoom
cardboard creations- in studio
In this class we will transform ordinary household “trash” into whimsical works of art. Students will explore the possibilities in cardboard through painting, printmaking, drawing making cities, animals, masks as we as explore the ideas of abstraction, color, pattern and compostion.
- For ages 6-9
- This is an in studio class. Masks must be worn at all times in the studio
- Taught by Samara Caughey
This Class is Full- if you would like to be added to the waitlist please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
This isn't your ordinary collage class. Collages can be beautiful made from colorful vibrant papers and they can be funny made from animal images. Students will explore both the abstract collage inspired by Matisse and representational collages inspired by the Dadaist movement. Students will learn elements of design and composition. All materials will be provided and ready to be picked up before class begins.
- for ages 7-11
- taught by Shelley Friedman
This is a family class for a family of 4. We will work with you to make coil pots and the many forms they can take. This is a 2 part class. The first class we will form our ceramic piece and the second class we will glaze them. You will have a choice of glaze colors you would like to work with. I will provide materials to be picked up before class including glazes. You will then drop the pices off to be fired.
- for a family of 4
- Kids should be at least age 5.
- This could be a private class or you can have another family join as well. Each family register separately.
- Once you register and pay we will work together to find a date and time that works for you.
- This class is taught by Elisa Romero or Samara Caughey