Workshops are seasonal one-time teacher led projects.
We offer them at the Purple Twig a few times a month.
We can also bring the workshops to you for school functions or festivals or craft fairs.
family ceramics workshop
Help me test out my new/used kiln. We are hosting a family ceramics 2 day workshop. On the first day you will make coiled pots or pinch out hanging bells or create animal creatures. On the second day you will glaze them. I will fire them and they will be ready for pick up in about 1 week, depending how fast the clay dries. Work together with your children, drop your child at the studio for a few hours or come alone with some friends and create a piece to hang on the wall or one you can serve a salad from. We will be using a low-fire terra cotta clay.
- children ages 5 and up
- adults are welcome to attend just register yourselves.
- %10 discount for all family members. Please register online but don't pay and I will contact you for payment.
- all clay and tools will be provided.
raptor drawing workshop
Join us for an incredible drawing from life experience. Lana, a Lanner Falcon, will be in the studio with her trainer. You will have the opportunity to draw her using the drawing material of your choice. We will have pencil, charcoal, watercolor pencils and oil pastels to choose from along with paper. We will do some quick drawings of him to warm up and then be able to sit and really look at this magnificent creature.
- ages 7 and up
- sibling disount available
- adults welcome to join. Please register yourself as student.
We offer workshops that come to you. Whether for a school function, festival or craft fair, we will put together a sophisticated and enriching activity or art project for children of all ages. We can create a project based on seasons, a particular material from paint to milk jugs. We can create a project based on a particular theme or idea as well.
$250- $800 depending on event.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The fee for our workshop tables depend on many factors,
- How many guests are expected
- Whether you want one or two projects at the table.
- How many hours we will be working the event.